Blog

Ensure you are safe. Test your RCD

All RCD's should be tested regularly. All sockets, shower, central heating, immersion should be protected by an RCD. In the event of a fault the appliance will be switched off before anyone can get a shock. RCD'S SAVE LIVES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFT4z1PSxpc
Read more

PAT testing completed.

Completed two Portable Appliance Testing jobs this week. One in Clonshaugh and the other in Balbriggan. Both customers very happy with the service they received.
Read more

Save a life, test your RCD in your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFT4z1PSxpc RCD's should be tested regularly to ensure proper operation. I came across a house today where the RCD was not working. RCD's save lives in the event of an electrical fault. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Read more

Danger from incorrect cables been used

[caption id="attachment_2076" align="alignleft" width="150"] Incorrect cable been used[/caption]   This cable was used in lights in a premises we visited. The earth wire was taped up with brown tap and used as a live wire. This is an extremely dangerous action as someone else working on the cable may assume that the earth wire is…
Read more

Low voltage downlighters can be extremely dangerous.

[caption id="attachment_2070" align="alignleft" width="150"] Transformers taken out of ceiling in Greystones[/caption] These transformers were removed from a ceiling in a house in Greystones. Luckily they hadn't caused a fire. We replaced them with 220v LED lamps.
Read more

Plumber puts screw through cable

A customer rang to say the lights were tripping out. We discovered on investigation that a plumber had put in new pipes. He had moved a cable and then put a screw through the cable when he was putting back the floor board. You can clearly see the damage to the screw and cable [caption…
Read more